Sunday, February 28, 2021

Editing and software

     Editing a film is similar to plating a food dish. It can help accentuate certain themes and polish the finished product. While my editing skills are limited, I hope to learn some techniques and apply them to my own film. In order to do this, I need to find an adequate editing software. 


    Throughout the course, I have been using the Openshot editing application. Personally, I found it to be not the most user-friendly software. Certain options like importing video and audio were difficult, editing options were not easy to find, and my overall experience with it left me wanting more. My only other experience is with Imovie. However, my desktop is not a mac so the only way I could use it would be on my phone. Using my phone as my sole editing device is most certainly possible, but I think it would be too tedious. 


    The most popular free editing software I found was Blender. Blender is available on Windows, Mac, and Linux which makes it easily accessible. I have asked a few other classmates about the software and they said it was pretty easy to use and that they would recommend it. I plan on downloading the software and experimenting with it myself and might use it form my project if I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product

      Below is the final version of my project's opening scene.