Sunday, February 21, 2021

Finally

     Finally, I came up with an idea for my film. While I do not have a complete design of the story yet, I do have a basis that can be applied to an opening scene. My "aha" moment which my whole thought process is based off of is my idea for the antagonist and what it represents. Inspired by Jordan Peele's Us, I was thinking about mirror versions of ourselves. In Peele's film, perverted mirror versions of ourselves exist in a world underneath our own. However, these mirror versions eventually leave the world beneath and try to kill their respective selves. I was intrigued by the idea of this because the conflict was essentially man versus man while also man versus self. I want to further the idea of man versus self being one in the same as man versus man. 

    In my production, I want to have the antagonist be a physical manifestation of the insecurities and fears that we have. The manifestation knows exactly how you think and feel and will use this against you. With this in mind, I began working backwards in thinking about the opening scene. The end goal I want for the opening is to have the antagonist be revealed as an identical being to the protagonist. So how do I get there? Well, clearly I need to develop build up to the reveal. So I think I will have some sort of chase scene that does not fully show the antagonist to build interest in the audience. My goal is to sprinkle shots with only partial view of the antagonist as to not fully reveal it. In an attempt of foreshadowing, I want to have shots of the protagonist and antagonist mirror each other but with slight differences. One obvious way to do that could be lighting with the protagonist being well lit while the antagonist is in dark lighting. I have only partially considered the components of the scene but I hope to figure out more as time progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product

      Below is the final version of my project's opening scene.