Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Incorporating credits

     No one likes watching a dragged out title sequence that serves no purpose other than showing the credits. I hope to avoid this in my own project and as such I have done some research on the topic. I noticed that in the past such opening credits were typical. For example, the 1931 film The Public Enemy, uses an opening credits scene that has no deeper meaning but to list the cast and crew. The credits are simply placed on a background that does not really change and does not engage the audience. 


    However, opening credits eventually evolved as demonstrated by the 007 James Bond films. The 1962 production Dr. No uses a combination of color, music, and a dynamic background to engage the audience. The anticipation-building music and vivid colors create excitement. The mysterious visuals add to the tone of a spy movie.
 
    

    I hope to apply the use of the proper music to reinforce the tone of my opening scene. Unfortunately, my ability to create visuals similar to the piece is limited, but I can use color to offset this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product

      Below is the final version of my project's opening scene.