Sunday, February 21, 2021

Introduction of the title and credits

    I still don't have an idea for the plot of my production. Ideas are like plants; ideas need to be planted then nurtured until they can grow to bear worthwhile fruit. You can't just plant a seed and constantly water it to make it grow faster. Therefore, I've decided to not sit and force an idea to be formed. I've opted to put the actual plot of the project to the side for now. Most likely, as I do more research and figure out the little aspects of my project, the big picture will make itself clear to me.

    The medium of a message is as important as the message itself. Applying this to my project means I have to take every detail into consideration. Every aspect of the project needs to either have a purpose or help reinforce the purpose. The purpose of an opening scene is to establish the basis of the story as well as engaging the audience. Therefore, I don't want the opening scene to feel drawn out and boring. I want to avoid an opening scene littered with random shots that serve no purpose but to serve as background for the credits. I want to try to integrate the credits into the scene in a seamless manner.

    American Psycho has an opening credits scene that is simple but also very symbolic. The screen has a plain white background with a generic font listing the credits. However, the white scene begins to be polluted by red drops. Then, as a drop splatters onto the white scene, the title American Psycho appears. White often portrays innocence and purity. This innocence is disrupted by the red splatters of what is seemingly blood. This portrays the nature of the "American Psycho:.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product

      Below is the final version of my project's opening scene.