Sunday, February 21, 2021

Research, research, and more research

         This is the moment that the course has led up to. The portfolio project is supposed to be a culmination of all the we have learned in class, in addition to our own research. It is a platform that we are supposed to use to demonstrate our skills and creativity. Unfortunately, I don't have any lightbulbs going off or any ideas standing out in my head. I think research is going to be crucial for this project. With enough preparation and research, the project should practically come together on its own. For my genre choice I am leaning towards horror. As a result, I will need to do extensive research on the genre and even look into some case studies.

   At the moment, I do not have an idea for a plot so that's something I will need to think more about. However, I do have some ideas for inspiration. I really enjoyed the recent work of  Jordan Peele, comedian turned film-maker. His films have not been typical depictions of the horror genre largely due to the societal messages they convey. Some features that distinguish his work from others is the well written script and the efficient use of sound to enhance the film. I hope I can learn a lot from his productions and apply them to my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product

      Below is the final version of my project's opening scene.